Favreau is in talks to direct Disney’s newest live-action reboot of The Jungle Book. In honor of this fact, lets look at why he’s well equipped to do so:
- He executive produces. All three Iron Man movies, The Avengers, Cowboys and Aliens, as well as the TV series Revolution
- He directs. Notably Elf and Zathura: A Space Adventure, plus the Iron Man and Iron Man 2. And an episode of The Office, because why not.
- He acts. Something’s Gotta Give, I Love You, Man, Couples Retreat, and his own movies as well. He’s also the first person to play two unrelated Marvel characters in Iron Man and Daredevil.
- He does voice acting for kids TV shows and movies. Rugrats, Rocket Power, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, G-Force, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- He’s from Queens, and guest starred on King of Queens, Seinfeld, and Friends. Because that’s what you do when you’re from New York in the 1990s.
- His best friend is Vince Vaughan. Sorry, Owen.
Favreau’s next project is a movie called Chef, starring Scarlett Johansson, Sofía Vergara, Robert Downey Jr., Dustin Hoffman, and himself. It’s an indie film Favreau will write, direct, produce and star in, about a restaurant chef (Favreau) who loses his job and starts a food truck to put his life back together. Should be.. Interesting? It’s set to be released in May 2014.
– Meg S.